Digital Marketing Expert
Why become a Digital Marketing Expert?
how to become a digital marketer
Digital Marketing is one of the booming industries right now. With 40% growth rate, people are attracted to this industry. However, it is best when it’s done in-house and that’s why Digital Marketers are in-demand all over the world these days.
Digital Marketing Components
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) or Pay per Click (PPC)
- Content Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
How Can I Become a Digital Marketing Expert?
Thinking about becoming an Online Marketing expert might make you wonder which is the best way to do it. There are Digital Marketing Master Courses, workshops, and coaching programs. You have to decide which one suits you the best.
What purpose will this solve?
- Learn the fundamentals and clear the advanced concepts in Digital Marketing
- Masters course will help you gain experience in this field.
However, irrespective of these gains, you will have to have real experience when it comes to digital marketing expertise as it doesn’t make you ready for positions like Digital Marketing Manager.
Less Explored Digital Marketing Secret
Let me take you through the secret…
What’s the Difference between Top Digital Marketers and Me?
online marketing experts
The key difference between you and the top Digital Marketers is the implementation of marketing tactics. We know which digital marketing strategy is feasible but the average marketer will follow the trend without seeing if it fits in with their business goals.
How many of you are using Snap chat just because it is the latest craze? Well, many! Did you think if your target audience is on Snap chat or not? Not many…
Basically, average digital marketers blindly implement marketing techniques and hope they will work. You need to stop relying on luck.
“What shall I do then?”
Start having your own digital marketing framework so you can predict which marketing hack works well for your specific business goals and circumstances.
Have a systematic and scientific approach to your own marketing strategy!
What is the Scientific Approach?
You need to solve problems by making observations and doing experiments. The whole concept is to be able to predict and repeat your experiments.
Scientific approach to marketing
Here’s how systematic approach to marketing works and how you can approach marketing with a better mindset:
5 Tips to Become a Digital Marketing Expert
Facebook generated ad revenue of $6.24 billion in the first quarter of 2016. Undoubtedly, there’s money to be made in Digital Marketing. However, the problem is that the industry is young and dynamic so it is difficult to keep up with the latest news and trends.
There are exceptional ways to become a Digital Marketing expert. Here are few tips to consider:
- Follow Digital Marketing Experts
Social Media is one of the best platforms to start learning about Digital Marketing. And why not? It is one of the main marketing channels for marketers nowadays.
Find and follow as many digital marketing experts as you can. People like Mark Zuckerberg, Joe Pulizzi, Gary Vaynerchuk, and more who offer inspirational insights into the Digital Marketing world in a way that it is easy to digest.
Who doesn’t like free advice, insights, and opinions? Find best Digital Marketers and follow them!
Listening to podcasts, watching videos, and reading articles from marketing experts will inspire you to take the next step and start exploring formal options. There are so many learning resources available on the internet. You can go for full-fledged Digital Marketing Course, YouTube tutorials, newsletters, blogs and more.
If you go for Online Marketing classes, there will be two additional benefits:
- Certification portraying your Digital Marketing knowledge
- Hands-on experience
- Don’t Forget to Teach Yourself
The world of Digital Marketing is moving in a collaborative direction and the flow of information is smooth and fast. Therefore, if you wish to learn Digital Marketing, you should be open to new things.
Keep an eye on Digital Marketing and media agencies which constantly release white papers, presentations, eBooks, etc for guidance. Since these are mostly released on social media, it is best to track down these resources.
Talk to people. If you get a chance to spend a day at a digital marketing office, go for it! Make sure you are talking to as many people as possible. It would be extraordinary if you manage to know how people solve their puzzle works.
Digital Marketing expert
By connecting with the real world, you will get on a long way. Since many people are exploring digital marketing, therefore, you need to join the discussion and investigate chat forums to find out what people are doing and thinking.
- Stay Updated with Latest Trends
The best way to become a Digital Marketing expert is to stay updated about industry trends and news.
From changing social media algorithms to the release of futuristic developments, Digital Marketing is a dynamic field. There is an everlasting impact of every trending hash tag, ad unit, and new product in the marketing industry.
Once you know which industry leader to follow, read every Digital Marketing pdf, and talked with those brainy people, make sure you are updated with every possible change.
It will definitely take some time but you will eventually build a network of sources that help you stay updated with the continuous developments. Digital Marketing is exciting and fast, you need to make the most of it.
What Else Can I do to Become a Online Marketing Expert?
Practice makes a man perfect (Here, I mean a Digital Marketer)…
Start it today! All you need is an internet connection, computer, and some amount of money to test with. Apply your concepts in your own mini-project. Here’s what you can do:
- Choose a topic of your interest and start bloggingabout it. What will you have to pay? Well, $50/year for domain and hosting.
- Learn about SEOand write articles keeping in mind SEO optimization.
- Install Google Analyticstracking code to know if you are getting some traffic to your blog.
- Set up an Ad Words accountand do some keyword research to see what people are searching for in Google. You will get an idea what topic you can blog about.
- Don’t stop writing relevant articles. Publish them and don’t forget to share it!
- Start your Facebook pagewhere you can share all your great articles on.
- Try out Facebook advertising. You can set up your promotion at as low as %$10.
- Social sharing buttonsare a must on your blog site. You can use WordPress plugins for the same. (Good news: these plug-in are for free)
- Also, go for email marketing services. There are services like MailChimp, Aweber and more.
- You can embed email signup formsin your blogs to collect subscribers.
- Use your email marketing techniques to promote your Facebook pageand vice versa.
- You can use Ad Words to promote your blog. Start with very low CPC bids. You will get free credits so that you can get started with it.
- Google Adsenseis important! Sign up there and use the advertising codes in your blog.
- Ensure your blog is a mobile friendly blogand you can create mobile ads in AdWords.
You just have to invest an hour or so daily to gain good hands-on experience in Digital Marketing.
How to Build a Career in Digital Marketing?
Summing up all, to build a career in Digital Marketing, you should be familiar with almost all fundamental concepts that are given below to have a kick-start career:
- Knowledge of marketing concepts is basic and important
- Be aware of Digital Marketing terminology
- What’s Web Analytics? Well, it is important!
- Have an overall understanding of major Digital Marketing domains.
Top 6 Digital Marketing Skills You Need
You will be able to get that typical Digital Marketing Expert salary only if you possess the following skills…
What problems users face?
- 94% of respondents in a study said ‘their first impression of a website centered on design’ whereas 40% left the site if it took more than 3 secs to load.
- 82% consumers surveyed felt more positive about a brand after they read custom content from that brand. (Demand Metrics, 2016)
Keeping these data in mind, here are top Digital Marketing skills you must possess to be a leader in the market:
- Content Creation
Companies today are struggling with ways to create content that engages their customers. Therefore, having the skill to craft this type of content is one of the most desired skills in Digital Marketing today.
- Video Making
Video content is the most desired within content marketing. The ability to create, produce, and share memorable videos that reflect a company’s brand features is a must. These engaging videos are more likely to be shared across platforms than any other content type.
- Web Design
There is a skills gap that needs to be filled. The value of great web design is a must in recent times. Keeping in mind the need for mobile-friendly websites, you need to be well-versed with all web designing and developments.
- Social Media
Social media skills are still critical today due to the growing number of platforms and increased use by businesses. You will have to be a strategist to determine the best fit and channels to use. Therefore, marketers today are paying more attention today!
- Understanding Consumer Psychology
Since consumer behavior is the central part of any marketer’s objective, it is important to have the ability to understand the consumer behavior and capitalize on those findings to prove yourself competitive in the market.
- Data Analytics
Numbers and data mean nothing unless you know what to do with it and how to organize the information. If you have the ability to see the patterns and connect the dots, your data analytics skills will take you to the heights.
The Digital Marketing experts in India are still less so you have a chance! The sooner you start, the better it is. Start working on the key areas today itself.
Don’t know where you stand? Join free Digital Marketing Orientation session to know about the “how” of Digital Marketing specialist!